NOTICE TO PUPILS, PARENTS/GUARDIANS AND TEACHERS:
Education Code 35186 requires that the following notice be posted in your child's classroom:
1. There should be sufficient textbooks and instructional materials. That means that each pupil, including English learners, must have a textbook or instructional material, or both, to use in class and to take home to complete required homework assignments.
2. School facilities must be clean, safe, and maintained in good repair. Good repair means that the facility is maintained in a manner that assures that it is clean, safe, and functional, as determined by the Office of Public School Construction.
3. There should be no teacher vacancies or misassignments. There should be a teacher assigned to each class and not a series of substitutes or other temporary teachers. The teacher should have the proper credential to teach the class, including the certification required to teach English learners, if present.
Teacher vacancy means a position to which a single designated certificated employee has not been assigned at the beginning of the year for an entire year or, if the position is for a one-semester course, a position to which a single designated certificated employee has not been assigned at the beginning of a semester for an entire semester.
Misassignment means the placement of a certificated employee in a teaching or services position for which the employee does not hold a legally recognized certificate or credential or the placement of a certificated employee in a teaching or services position that the employee is not otherwise authorized by statute to hold.
4. Pupils, including English learners, who have not passed one or both parts of the high school exit examination by the end of grade 12 are to be provided the opportunity to receive intensive instruction and services for up to two consecutive academic years after the completion of grade 12.
5. A complaint form may be obtained at the principal's office, district office, or can be downloaded from the district's web site at www.musd.org or the California Department of Education website at www.cde.gov/eo/ce/wc/index.asp.
Williams Act Resources
PPT, Word, Excel Viewers [Go]
Acrobat Reader [Go]
MUSD Williams Act Adminstrative Regulation
7/2/09 11:59 AM - Dick Rose
12/17/08 9:10 AM - Dick Rose