Thomas Russell Middle School PTSA
TRMS PTSA –
Thomas Russell Middle School PTSA is a group of parents and staff members working along with students to enhance the Russell school community. It is a non-profit support organization. While your child may be here for only two years your assistance and involvement is still crucial to their success.
PTSA Member Benefits
Joining PTSA says “I support my child’s school!”. It does not mean that you are volunteering or required to attend any meetings. We will only call on those that fill out the Volunteer form that was sent home with the registration packet. If you missed the form please click on the link on the right. Your dues are used to support local, statewide and national efforts that improve the education, health and welfare of our children. Also, if you provide your email address when you join, you will be registered for our PTSA Enews that provides information and reminders about important events at school. To join click on the membership form link to the right. Fill out the form and return it to the school with a check payable to PTSA.
What does PTSA do at TRMS?
Through the generous support of our community and through our pledge drive, the PTSA is able to sponsor teacher grants, the Binder Reminders (planner) that every student receives at the beginning of the year, equipment for the classrooms and food for Exit Interviews and State Testing. We also host the BBQs at Back to School night in the fall and Open House in the spring. We would not be able to help the school without your membership and tax-deductible donations. To donate, click on the Pledge form link on the right. Fill out the form and return it to the school with your donation.
Who Should Join PTSA?
Anyone can join! Mom, Dad, Grandma, Grandpa, Aunts, Uncles, etc. are welcome. Membership for PTSA is $15.00 for each member. We would like to encourage you to enroll your student as a member. A few years from now when they are filling out applications for college and scholarships, showing that they were members of PTSA can be a big plus. To join click on the membership form link to the right. Fill out the form and return it to the school with your check. Please make check payable to PTSA.
How Can You Help?
- PTSA will be conducting auctions for different items and services as they become available. Proceeds will go to help our kids at Thomas Russell Middle School, so please have fun and be generous. Auction Website: https://www.biddingOwl.com/ThomasRussellPTSA
- Join PTSA - Membership is $15.
- Donate to the pledge drive. Don’t forget to check with your company to see if they have a matching contribution program.
- Volunteer to help at activities (fill out Volunteer form if you didn't return it with the registration packet).
- Do you shop at Lucky/Savemart? We can send you a grocery card that can be swiped at the store every time you shop and TRMS will receive a donation based on your purchases. Please request how many cards you would like on the attached Volunteer form.
- Do you shop and Safeway? Visit www.safeway.com and register TRMS as the group where the grocery store donates their funds.
- Provide school supplies. Teachers need supplies, especially copy paper tissues and will ask for specific items throughout the school year.
All meetings will take place in the Learning Center at 6:30 p.m. following School Site Council.
Association Meeting Dates 2018-19 - The holidays will be rescheduled at a later date.
9/17, 10/15, 11/19, 12/17, 1/28, 2/25, 3/18, 4/22, 5/20.
Executive Board Meeting Dates:
9/3 (Labor Day), 10/1, 11/5, 12/3, 1/7, 2/4, 3/4, 4/8, & 5/6.
President: Rita Lu
Executive Vice President: Jackie Romero
Vice President: Anna Jeng
Treasurer: Ferdie Centeno
Secretary: Raju Seetharama
Parliamentarian: Ferdie Centeno
Auditor: Esther Ynzunza
Historian: Jaida Centeno
Teacher: Jonathan Mulcock
- 2018-19 PTSA Welcome Letter
- PTSA Membership Form
- TRMS Donation Pledge Drive Form
- Volunteer & Enews Form
- Paypal Donation
- Shop Amazon and Help PTSA
- Vehicle Donation Program
eScrip: MAKE A DIFFERENCE TODAY!
Join the original and largest electronic fundraising program where participating merchants contribute each time you make a purchase using your free grocery loyalty or debit/credit cards that are registered with eScrip. There are no receipts to collect, no vouchers or certificates to buy, no hassles for you and every purchase earns money for TRMS PTSA.
To Sign Up:
1) Go to www.escrip.com
2) Select "sign up"
3) Designate our group to receive contributions. Our ID # is 5534140
4) Register your grocery club cards and your credit card.
6) If you are already registered, don't forget to renew your Safeway card.
That's it! Thomas Russell PTSA will get money on each purchase you make. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com