Enrollment and Registration Information
2020 - 2021 Enrollment and Registration Information
- All students attending Russell for 2020 - 2021 need to register.
- Families new to Milpitas Schools will need to enroll their student(s) in the school district before they are able to register them.
==================Enrollment Directions Below =================
**The following documents must be taken to the registrar of your child's new school
- Proof of Student's age: Legal evidence of age is birth certificate, baptismal certificate, passport, immigration certificate, or affidavit from the parent/guardian.
- Parent/guardian valid state or government picture ID
- Proofs of residency (2 proofs required - one from Group A and one from Group B)
- Group A
- Mortgage Statement
- Rental Agreement
- Property Tax Statement
- Additional proofs of residency or residency forms may be required
- Group B
- Current Utility Bill
- Current PG&E Bill
- Group A
- Immunization Record
- TDAP Shot
- Updated TB (Mantoux) required if student has been out of the county, state, or country.
- Name, address, and phone number of previous school. You must also complete the MUSD Parent Release of Information Sheet.
- Withdrawal papers from previous school.
- Transcripts/last Report cards if previous school is an elementary school
- California English Language Development Test (CELDT) Proficiency Level Report for 2nd Language Speakers
- Special Education Information (if applicable)
- Copy of Current IEP or copy of current 504 Plan
- Copy of Current Psycho-Educational Report
- Exchange of Information Form completed and signed (MUSD Student Services Form)
- Interim Administrative Placement Form completed and signed (MUSD Student Services Form)
================= Registration Directions Below =================
- All students attending Russell for 2020 - 21 need to register.
Step #1: To register your student at TRMS, you must first complete an online process through AERIES. Returning MUSD families will complete the MUSD Yearly Registration, by logging into your parent portal at go.musd.org. Once there, go through the Data Confirmation steps and at the very end, please print out the Emergency card. If you need help accessing your portal, please attend our virtual parent training July 28th and 29th from 5-7 p.m.; check ParentSquare for link.
Step #2: Print and bring signed copy of emergency card to Registration.
- 7th Grader Registration Schedule: On July 30th and 31st, all 7th grade students should go to Russell’s gym at the scheduled time below. This event will adhere to social distancing and safety protocols such as masks. Families must bring a signed copy of Emergency Card and students will take a yearbook photo, receive both an ID card and a class schedule. Once registration is complete, students will leave campus.
- 8th Grader Registration Schedule: The same as 7th grade, except 8th graders will report for registration on August 6th and 7th.
July 30th/August 6th July 31st/August 7th
Last Names A 8:30-9:00 a.m. Last Names L 8:30-9:00 a.m.
Last Names B 9:00-9:30 a.m. Last Names M 9:00-9:30 a.m.
Last Names C 9:30-10:00 a.m. Last Names N 9:30-10:00 a.m.
Last Names D 10:00-10:30 a.m. Last Names O 10:00-10:30 a.m.
Last Names E 10:30-11:00 a.m. Last Names P 10:30-11:00 a.m.
Last Names F 11:00-11:30 a.m. Last Names Q 11:00-11:30 a.m.
Last Names G 12:30-1:00 p.m. Last Names R 12:30-1:00 p.m.
Last Names H 1:00-1:30 p.m. Last Names S 1:00-1:30 p.m.
Last Names I 1:30-2:00 p.m. Last Names T 1:30-2:00 p.m.
Last Names J 2:00-2:30 p.m. Last Names U-W 2:00-2:30 p.m.
Last Names K 2:30-3:00 p.m. Last Names X-Z 2:30-3:00 p.m.
Missed Group Session: 3:00-3:30 p.m.
In order to find what elementary or middle school is associated with a street address for school attendance, click on the MUSD School Locator Link. This will take you to the School Vision Website.
Please refer to directions on their site.
Note: All high school students attend Milpitas High School.
*Information is subject to change. District reserves the right to modify placement to meet district needs.