No news posted
Thomas Russell Middle School PTSA
TRMS PTSA – Who we are
Thomas Russell Middle School PTSA is a group of parents and staff members working along with students to enhance the Russell school community. It is a non-profit support organization. While your child may be here for only two years your assistance and involvement is still crucial to their success.
PTSA Member Benefits
Joining PTSA says “I support my child’s school!”. It does not mean that you are volunteering or required to attend any meetings. We will only call on those that fill out the Volunteer form that was sent home with the registration packet. If you missed the form please click on the link on the right. Your dues are used to support local, statewide and national efforts that improve the education, health and welfare of our children. Also, if you provide your email address when you join, you will be registered for our PTSA Enews that provides information and reminders about important events at school. To join click on the membership form link to the right. Fill out the form and return it to the school with a check payable to PTSA.
What does PTSA do at TRMS
Through the generous support of our community and through our pledge drive, the PTSA is able to sponsor teacher grants, the Binder Reminders (planner) that every student receives at the beginning of the year, equipment for the classrooms and food for Exit Interviews and State Testing. We also host the BBQs at Back to School night in the fall and Open House in the spring. We would not be able to help the school without your membership and tax-deductible donations. To donate, click on the Pledge form link on the right. Fill out the form and return it to the school with your donation.
Who Should Join PTSA
Anyone can join! Mom, Dad, Grandma, Grandpa, Aunts, Uncles, etc. are welcome. Membership for PTSA is $10.00 for each member. We would like to encourage you to enroll your student as a member. A few years from now when they are filling out applications for college and scholarships, showing that they were members of PTSA can be a big plus. To join click on the membership form link to the right. Fill out the form and return it to the school with your check. Please make check payable to PTSA.
How Can You Help
1. Join PTSA - $10 for each member.
2. Donate to the pledge drive. Don’t forget to check with your company to see if they have a matching contribution program.
3. Volunteer to help at activities (fill out Volunteer form if you didn't return it with the registration packet).
4. Do you shop at Nob Hill or Lucky/Savemart? We can send you a grocery card that can be swiped at the store every time you shop and TRMS will receive a donation based on your purchases. Please request how many cards you would like on the attached Volunteer form.
5. Do you shop and Safeway? Visit www.safeway.com and register TRMS as the group where the grocery store donates their funds.
6. Provide school supplies. Teachers need supplies, especially copy paper tissues and will ask for specific items throughout the school year.